Thursday, September 3, 2009

With Apologies to Clement Clarke Moore

Twas the night before filming, and all through the house
Only Mommy was working; all alone without spouse

The props they were placed through the rooms with great care
In the hopes that the actors would use them with flair


The directors were nestled, all snug in their beds,
While schedules and movie scripts flashed through their heads.


The puppy's in her crate, and I'm in my jammies,
Getting myself ready for weekend calamities.

I'm watching and waiting and praying, my friends,
And realizing this sweet time of movies shall end.

They work and they laugh and they argue a score,
Planning this project's become quite a chore.

But it's music to this momma's ears, that's the truth,
All too soon they'll be living out from under my roof.

So I pray as I sit here and stare at my blog,
With nary a whisper, just the sound of a frog,

And ask that the Lord keep them close to each other
As they plan their adventure.

With love.
A proud mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!