Thursday, April 21, 2011

If you've ever wanted to pray for a bassoonist. . . .

now's your chance!

Seriously, though.

I've had a wicked cold all week, and it appears to have decided to camp out in my chest.  Which I only realized tonight as I practiced my opera music - and found that no, it is apparently impossible for me to play for more than 20 measure without. . . . .

Coughing.  A yucky, deep sounding cough.  I really feel ok, I just sound - rather yicky.

So.  I'd appreciate prayers that I can make it through my two performances (Fri & Sat) without ruining the production for the students due to the my crude imitation of a barking seal.

Recommendations of non-drowsy cough medicine is welcome as well!

Because - you know - if I was on the regular stuff, who KNOWS what kind of things I might end up playing. 

The cast and orchestra of "La Finta Giardiniera" thanks you.

No comments: