Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Heavy Heart Tonight

I have just lived through the worst round of storms I have ever witnessed.

The destruction here in Birmingham metro - and across the state - is unbelievable.  The death toll I'm hearing tonight is 53.  I was stuck in the first line of storms this morning - before 6 am - and count myself blessed to have escaped unharmed.  News reports and pictures show entire neighborhoods and streets just simply obliterated.

We - somehow - managed to not even have our power interrupted.  I actually feel a little guilty - survivor's guilt, or something to that effect.

Tonight, I got word that 3 families we are friends with have significant structural damage to their homes, and one family has lost everything.  Praise be to God, they are all physically unharmed.

There are no words.

Please pray.

No comments: