Tuesday, November 30, 2010

. . . and Now for Something Completely Different

(Yes, I'm a closet Monty Python fan.  Just to clear that up.  But really, how do you jump from bereavement posts to shameless promotion???)

For years and years, we've done the Christmas Card/Letter tradition.   We love sending out pictures and an update - hopefully our friends love reading it!  But mostly, I love seeing the names of all the folks on our card list: friends from high school and college, colleagues from my first teaching job, relatives far and near.

This year, I've been thinking about using Shutterfly's Christmas cards: for family with a whole bunch of kids, they have over 369 designs that use more than 3 pictures!  I'm thinking this one might work:

 
 And how convenient -  it even has the right letter in the middle!  I'm hoping I can come up with enough cute pictures of my kids to fill the spaces - and if I know the kids, they'll make me put the dog in one, too.  More fun than sending the cards is receiving them, and each year we plaster our doors with the greetings we get from far and near.  

I know, I know - e-greetings are cheaper.  There's just something special about having a holiday card in your hand, to look at as you pass it taped to your door.  We also like to save all of our cards in a basket - each night at dinner, we pick one card and pray for the family who sent it to us.  (That's a hint:  if you want to be prayed for, send us a card!)

Last year, Kathryn purchased a lot of gifts from Shutterfly - they were so sweet!  She gave Yurii a monthly calendar, and I'm thinking that this stationery would make a cute gift as well. 

So, there you have it.  My shameless plug . . . but really, even though I *am* getting 50 free cards by doing this, I really do  think that Shutterfly has cool stuff.


No comments: