Tuesday, December 21, 2010

As Christ Loved the Church

Today was the day of my Annual Christmas Freak-Out.

You know, that day when you realize that Christmas has all of a sudden snuck up on you, and staring at your list you start to hyperventilate, panic, and take your stress out on all those around you?

Not pretty.

This year, I appealed to my sweet husband:  "Honey, I feel the annual Christmas Freak-Out coming on."  He and I looked at the list, and. . . . wonder of wonders. . . . he took over half of my errands upon himself.  He's been out for 3 hours.

He hates shopping.

He hates running errands.

He hates crowds.

But he's doing it for me.

That's pretty Ephesians 5, don't you think?

Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her.

I"m so blessed.

No comments: