Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crock-Pot Thursday: Tortellini Bake

. . . and thus begins a new series, in which I experiment on serve my family a different crock-pot recipe once or twice a week.  Interested?  Read on.

First up:  Tortellini Bake, submitted by prariegirl (from the WTM message board)

The hardest part of this recipe was finding the frozen tortellini in our newly messed-up remodeled Wal-Mart.  Of course, the fact that I was chatting on the phone with an old friend, dispensing homeschooling advice, did NOT help my powers of concentration.  After about 4 passes through the frozen food aisle, I located the desired item:

3 bags - about right for our large-ish family.

And here's the recipe - if you can even call it that!

Drag your slow cooker out from the back of the cupboard.  Dust it off.

Put one bag of tortellini inside.  Cover with some spaghetti sauce (I didn't measure.  It was enough to cover, but I could still see the tortellini).


Top with about 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese.  Repeat layers.

Turn the slow cooker on low.  Go outside, work in the garden, clean your house, read a book - whatever you want for about 2 hours.



Serve with a large tossed salad to hungry, happy family.

I have to say - for my first entry in the  Great Crock Pot Experiment of '10 - this is a keeper!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yum! And so easy! :)

Stephanie said...

So only 2 hours on low? That sounds too easy. I just put this in the pot and it took me forever to find the tortellini in the aisle too. LOL Thanks!

Tina said...

Okay...looks like tortellini next week :) I LOVE easy!